Tag Archives: some

Urgent care centers draw some ER visits but associated with higher spending overall

Dive Brief: While urgent care centers do keep some lower-acuity patients from visiting costly emergency departments, their presence is not associated with a drop in total healthcare costs, according to a report in Health Affairs. Using commercial claims and enrollment data from 2008 to 2019, researchers found an increase of 1,000 lower-acuity urgent care visits resulted in… Read More »

Toronto health group abruptly cancels project that would see some young people get COVID vaccine now

Breadcrumb Trail Links News Health Canada The changes seem to underline the political sensitivities around Canada’s painfully slow vaccine rollout, where the hint of queue jumping is quickly snuffed out Author of the article: Tom Blackwell Publishing date: Mar 31, 2021  •  2 days ago  •  4 minute read  •  24 Comments North York General Hospital.… Read More »

CDC study finds easing mask and restaurant rules led to more Covid cases and deaths, as some states move to lift restrictions

Patrons Sari and Peter Melendez enjoy lunch at Katz’s Delicatessen, the famous deli founded in 1888, on the first day of the return to indoor dining for New York City, during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, in New York, February 12, 2021. Brendan McDermid | Reuters Easing mask mandates and reopening restaurants have led to… Read More »

Some COVID patients won’t recover senses of taste, smell, study finds

A recent study out of Italy found that 10 percent of those who lost their smell and taste due to COVID-19 saw their symptoms worsen or stay the same over the course of the infection. The remaining 90 percent who lost their sense of smell or taste while infected with coronavirus saw their condition improve or they recovered within… Read More »